Thursday, November 17, 2016

NCLEX-RN PRACTICE QUESTION/DC AFTER PACEMAKER



NCLEX-RN Practice Question:

A patient is being discharged after the insertion of a permanent pacemaker. Which statement made by the patient indicates an understanding regarding appropriate self-care?

1. “Every morning I will perform arm and shoulder stretches.”

2. “Each day I’ll take my pulse and record it in a log.”

3. “I’ll have to get rid of my microwave oven.”

4. “I won’t be able to use my electric blanket anymore.”

HINTS:
*Initially, patients should limit arm and shoulder activity on the operative side to prevent dislodgment of the pacing leads.

*Microwave ovens and electric blankets will not adversely affect the pacemaker.

*Tracking one’s pulse can help the patient know if the pacemaker is working properly.

ANSWER: #2

No comments:

Post a Comment